The Local Governing Body meets 6 times per year. There are also panels for personnel, Finance and Behaviour and Safety held on a regular basis.
There is a Governors Improvement Committee that meet at least half termly to review the educational standards and effictiveness at the academy. They are also responsible for monitoring the Academy Improvement Plan.
They are chaired by a member of the LGB:
Chair of Governors:
Mrs V Young
Mr W Richards - Finance
Mrs S Sharp - Personnel
Mrs A Ellis
Miss S Pickin
Mrs S Taylor
Mr J Radford ( Support Staff )
Mrs C Elmes ( Teaching Staff )
Mrs J Wray ( Parent Governor )
Mrs H Wharton-Baum ( Parent Governor )
The role of a Governor:
- Provide challenge and support to the Academy to ensure that we provide the best possible all-round education for our students
- Monitor achievement and progress of all students, identify successes and areas of development
- Support the Academy in ensuring the Development Plan addresses the current areas of focus
- Sit on committees to oversee financial management of the Academy and have an overview of policies and procedures
- Assist with the process for recruiting new staff
- Advise and make decisions on behaviour and disciplinary panels
- Come to the Academy to carry out learning walks to ensure they know about the quality of teaching and learning
- Mitigate in cases of complaint
- Undertake training so that they are fully aware of the latest legislation.
The public facing minutes of the LGB are available on request should you require a copy. Please contact the academy email@example.com with LGB Minutes in the header.