We are looking for parents/carers to join our Local Governing Body. Your input on issues such as finance, site management and curriculum development will help to influence and improve academy performance. Governors support the academy in a variety of ways in addition to attending Local Governing Body meetings. It is a very important and worthwhile role! You do not need special skills or experience, but you should be interested and willing to become involved.
If you are interested please contact Claire our LGB Clerk - email@example.com
The Local Governing Body meet 6 times per year. There are also panels for personnel, Finance and Behaviour and Safety held on a regular basis.
There is a Governors Improvement Committee that meet at least half termly to review the educational standards and effictiveness at the academy. They are also responsible for monitoring the Academy Improvement Plan.
They are chaired by a member of the LGB.
Mrs A Ellis
Mr J Radford ( Support Staff )
Mrs C Elmes ( Teaching Staff )
Mrs J Wray ( Parent Governor )
The role of a Governor:
- Provide challenge and support to the Academy to ensure that we provide the best possible all-round education for our students
- Monitor achievement and progress of all students, identify successes and areas of development
- Support the Academy in ensuring the Development Plan addresses the current areas of focus
- Sit on committees to oversee financial management of the Academy and have an overview of policies and procedures
- Assist with the process for recruiting new staff
- Advise and make decisions on behaviour and disciplinary panels
- Come to the Academy to carry out learning walks to ensure they know about the quality of teaching and learning
- Mitigate in cases of complaint
- Undertake training so that they are fully aware of the latest legislation.
LGB Information and Register of Business Interests - Click Here
The public facing minutes of the LGB are available on request should you require a copy. Please contact the academy firstname.lastname@example.org with LGB Minutes in the header.