The Local Governing Body meet 6 times per year. There are also panels for personnel, Finance and Behaviour and Safety held on a regular basis.
There is a Governors Improvement Committee that meet at least half termly to review the educational standards and effictiveness at the academy. They are also responsible for monitoring the Academy Improvement Plan.
They are chaired by a member of the LGB.
Mrs A Ellis (Parent Governor)
Mr J Radford ( Support Staff )
Mrs C Elmes ( Teaching Staff )
Mrs J Wray ( Parent Governor ) - Chair of Goverors
Mrs S Deighton (Parent Governor)
Mrs L Crookes (Trust Governor)
Mr R Ellis (Trust Governor) - Vice Governor
LGB Information and Register of Business Interests 2017/18 - Click Here
The role of a Governor:
- Provide challenge and support to the Academy to ensure that we provide the best possible all-round education for our students
- Monitor achievement and progress of all students, identify successes and areas of development
- Support the Academy in ensuring the Development Plan addresses the current areas of focus
- Sit on committees to oversee financial management of the Academy and have an overview of policies and procedures
- Assist with the process for recruiting new staff
- Advise and make decisions on behaviour and disciplinary panels
- Come to the Academy to carry out learning walks to ensure they know about the quality of teaching and learning
- Mitigate in cases of complaint
- Undertake training so that they are fully aware of the latest legislation.
The public facing minutes of the LGB are available on request should you require a copy. Please contact the academy firstname.lastname@example.org with LGB Minutes in the header.