Financial Support for Post 16 Students
• The 16-19 Bursary
Who is eligible?
• Students in receipt of Free School Meals
• Students in receipt of Income support/Universal Credit in their own right
• Students in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
• Young people in care or have just left being in care
• Total Household income UNDER £20,000
How do I apply?
• Bring in letters/proof of your income support or other benefits
• Bring in the letter confirming you are in receipt of free school meals
• Ask for an application form from Mrs Cooper in the P16 Achievement Centre
If I am eligible when will I get paid?
• One week in arrears, and then each 4 weeks after that if you attend ALL your lessons
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
• You cannot assume that your FSM will roll over from Year 11 into P16
• You should check when your FSM runs out
• You should make a new application as soon as possible if your FSM has run out or will run out soon
• FSM application forms are available from Main Reception in college